Badminton Malta is getting bigger and stronger! In this regard, the Executive Committee decided to give even more power to its members and the opportunity to participate in the Associations’ organisation.
Now it’s your chance to be part of Badminton Malta’s success! Are you a player, a parent or a badminton enthusiast? Apply now by sending an email to [email protected] to be part of one of these two commissions – Players’ commission or Events’ commission.
Players’ Commission – Three members of the commission are to be elected amongst all the full members of the Association who have played in any of the official Badminton Malta competitions in 3 events in the previous season. Appointed players must be at least 16 years old on the date vote will be taken.
Role of Players’ Commission
- To suggest changes in specific tournament rules to the Executive Committee.
- To establish open lines of communication with players to identify issues relevant to players and to be forwarded to the Executive Committee through the Chairperson.
- To organise Anti-Doping Education at least once a year for all athletes.
- To propose social events to the events commission for athletes.
- To be the direct line of communication with the Executive committee when the latter needs feedback regarding matters directly relating to athletes.
Events’ Commission – Four members of the commission are to be elected amongst all the members of the Association who have registered with Badminton Malta during the previous season. The contestants for the commission can’t be occupying any role in their respective club, in order to involve more members. Appointed members must be at least 16 years old on the date vote will be taken.
Role of Events’ Commission
- To plan a calendar of social events for Badminton Malta, which shall include events for all clubs and specifically for the BM academy.
- To discuss, organise and help in the execution of events and tournaments which Badminton Malta bids for.
- To find ways to bring the Badminton Malta community together, through these events.
- To assist clubs in the organisation of their events if help is requested.
- To be the direct line of communication with the Executive committee when the latter needs feedback regarding matters directly relating to events.